Sunday, March 14, 2010

Readiness


I have already briefly spoken about readiness, but some additional points might be helpful here.

Readiness is only the prerequisite for accomplishment. The two should not be confused. As soon as a state of readiness occurs, there is usually some degree of desire to accomplish, but it is by no means necessarily undivided.

The state does not imply more than a potential for a change of mind. Confidence cannot develop fully until mastery has been accomplished.

We have already attempted to correct the fundamental error that fear can be mastered, and have emphasized that the only real mastery is through love. Readiness is only the beginning of confidence.

You may think this implies that an enormous amount of time is necessary between readiness and mastery, but let me remind you that time and space are under my control.

I who am host to God am worthy of Him.


He Who established His dwelling place in


me created it as He would have it be.


It is not needful that I make it ready for Him,


but only that I do not interfere with His


plan to restore to me my own awareness of my


readiness, which is eternal.


I need add nothing to His plan.


But to receive it, I must be willing not to


substitute my own in place of it.


And that is all. Add more, and you will merely take away the little that is asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment