Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Compasion

In the lessons of A Course in Miracles as awakening beings, we discover that compassion for ourselves is the only aim.

As a single universe of cause and effect it is my awareness of myself in all facets of my emmotional response to the happenings that come and go in which I either find myself or loose myself.

Being compassionate starts and end with being compassionate with all those unwanted parts of myself, all those seeming imperfections I have given names.

(The lifting of the veil) To look upon the fear of God does need some preparation. Only the sane can look on stark insanity and raving madness with pity and compassion, but not with fear.

For only if they share in it does it seem fearful, and you do share in it until you look upon your brother with perfect faith and love and tenderness.

Before complete forgiveness you still stand unforgiving. You are afraid of God because you fear your brother. Those you do not forgive you fear. And no one reaches love with fear beside him.

No comments:

Post a Comment